Incinerator Free Lake County is hosting a Sustainability Forum on Friday, February 24th, 7:30 – 10:00PM at the Byron Colby Barn (1561 Jones Point Rd.) in Grayslake IL.
Current elected officials who are running for re-election will be participating in 2 environmental/sustainability round tables in the same evening. The first one will showcase local elected officials in the Grayslake area; the second features candidates for the newly redistricted Illinois 10th Congressional District; Ilya Sheyman, John Tree, and a representative from Brad Schneider’s campaign.
Please send your sustainability and environmental related questions for our guests via Twitter, Facebook, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests will also be able to submit questions in person on the evening of the event. This is a great opportunity to hear from your local elected officials and candidates speak on environmental issues in a friendly and productive manner.
• Ilya Sheyman, D: candidate for the Illinois 10th Congressional District (www.sheymanforcongress.com)
• John Tree, D: candidate for the Illinois 10th Congressional District (www.johntree.com)
• *Brad Schneider, D: candidate for the IL 10th: (www.schneiderforcongress.com)
• Melinda Bush, D: Lake County Board Member and candidate for the 31st Illinois Senate District (www.melindaforsenate.com)
• Pat Carey, D: Lake County Board Member, Dist. 6 (www.patcareyforlakecounty.com)
• Steve Carlson, R: Lake County Board Member, Dist. 7
• Sandy Cole, R: State Representative in the 62nd Illinios House District (www.repcole62.com)
• Jim Newton, R: Lake County Board Member, Dist. 3
• Jeff Werfel, R: Trustee for the Village of Grayslake and candidate for the Lake County Board, Dist. 6 (email@example.com)
• Sam Yingling, D: Avon Township Supervisor, Candidate for the 62nd Dist. of the Illinois House (www.samyingling.com)
• Ann Maine, R: Lake County Board Member, Dist 21, Lake County Forest Preserve President (www.annmaine.com)
*Representatives from Brad Schneider’s campaign will be in attendance to answer questions.
The event will also feature presentations regarding the proposed Rt 53 extension. Guest presenters are Mike Sands, who has been appointed by the Blue Ribbon Panel to oversee the environmental concerns of a proposed Rt. 53 extension (http://illinois.sierraclub.org/W&W/). Both will speak about the environmental issues surrounding a proposed Rt. 53 extension and what can be done about it if anything.
This event is open to the public and is a fundraiser for Incinerator-Free Lake County and our newly formed non-profit, Midwest Sustainability Group.
Suggested Contributions at the door (Credit Cards Accepted):
$10 – student, senior or military guest
$20 – Guest
$50 – Friend
$250 – Supporter
$2500 – Event Sponsor